VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i own a 2.8l vr6 jetta mk4 glx (damn thats a mouthful) and i have been wondering and pondering what it would take to drop in 3.6l vr6 into the jetta and still meet massachusetts state emissions standards at the same time... if anyone out there knows anything i'd like to hear it. and for the most part i am still just running this through my mind. and which 3.6l vr6 would i use? i have one from the beetle sitting at my brothers garage that just needs some cleaning and tlc and ive been thinking of taking it off his hands for a "small" price

any thoughts?

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
Mass is a PItA state for legislation. My company won't and can't even do business there so I would imagine that there would be laws prohibiting/limiting. It, but like I said either do some research or go ask someone that deals in the checking process at a high level.

·
Registered
293 Posts
right now i own a 2.8l vr6 jetta mk4 glx (damn thats a mouthful) and i have been wondering and pondering what it would take to drop in 3.6l vr6 into the jetta and still meet massachusetts state emissions standards at the same time... if anyone out there knows anything i'd like to hear it. and for the most part i am still just running this through my mind. and which 3.6l vr6 would i use? i have one from the beetle sitting at my brothers garage that just needs some cleaning and tlc and ive been thinking of taking it off his hands for a "small" price

any thoughts?
only cars to have a 3.6 vr motor is the b6 passat, new toureag and new passat and cc beetles never came with any 6cyl motor to the usa...
it wont be cheap to swap either but my suggeston is look at eurospec as they sell a new 3.4 plug and play motor.... more power new motor and stay totally legal and hassle free:K:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts