VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have confirmed that if you are lowering the MK4 Jetta/GTI lower than 1.5" that you stock front sway won't clear the drive shaft. Rather than spending money on a new front sway I am just going to buy sway bar end links. Someone told me about them, but I can't find what i need. If anyone knows more about the situation or more importantly the web site that info would be much appreciated. Thanks ~ Dan

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwolfsburg18t:
I have confirmed that if you are lowering the MK4 Jetta/GTI lower than 1.5" that you stock front sway won't clear the drive shaft. Rather than spending money on a new front sway I am just going to buy sway bar end links. Someone told me about them, but I can't find what i need. If anyone knows more about the situation or more importantly the web site that info would be much appreciated. Thanks ~ Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know where you are getting your information but I have 1.6" drop and it clears perfectly. It has for the past 2 years at least.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeeeee this is why I don't order my springs because I have been hearing different things about what will and won't work. I have heard that the Eibach Sportlines are too low (1.7"-2.0") but then people tell me that they have them on my car. Any additional information would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
I have H&R sport springs drop is 1 7/8" they "suggest" a front lower sway (H&R Front 22 No 70725-22) I went with it to be safe. It has a large bend and is thicker than the stock. One year into the setup no problems. Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts