VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok sounds crazy. but i want a 90-92 jetta, but i dont like the tailight design. i like the GTi/Golf taillights. how hard or is it even worth converting Jetta tails to GTi/Golf tails? dont have the jetta yet so yeah.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The suicide jetta has it done. It shouldn't be too hard. Just a little minor body work. Put them in and see where the bolts are then if need be drill mounting holes and then weld in a plate to fill in the gap where the lights used to be. It should be farely easy.

G

·
0 Posts
it doesn't look to hard id take it to a body shop and have them re construct the rear of the car..

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah doesnt sound too harsh. but i cant do body work myself. if they made Jetta tails that looked like these i would be happy. but nobody does. its either all red or tinted. i am sry, and if i get a red one, then red wouldnt be bad, but i like this style so much better!

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi,

its not to hard to change..i think..

my back of my car looks like so:

look at the car of Kevin...
there is one of the back...

i like extra things on my car..;-))

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: vw-supreme ]

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah all u will have to do is get the trunk lid worked on .That shouldn't be a big deal.BUTT..the thing with the 90-92 jettas is that theres the black plastic on the back where that plate is.What I did with mine is took the plastic off and than there will be 2 holes in the lid where all that plastic crap bolts on.Just fill in the holes and move that plate to the bumper.Thats what I did.OR you can go to a junk yard and get a plate bracket from a older jetta and use that.The holes in the lid will all line up already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello ,i ve golf mk 2 taillights build in to my jetta !
Ive jou like to see them just send me a mail and i will send jou pics off the conversion !

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jettaracing:
hello ,i ve golf mk 2 taillights build in to my jetta !
Ive jou like to see them just send me a mail and i will send jou pics off the conversion !
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

timmay is away at training camp (marines). If you email me a pic, I can host it, and post it for you. [email protected]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Or you could run japanese Jetta 2 tail lights... which bolt on, and look way better

·
Registered
11 Posts
jamie(suicide jetta) had this done a few yrs ago and i remember it being a a huge PITA. that use the whole rearend of a golf if i remember correctly. the car is now owned by some fritz guy but if you go to www.dubbedbyrma.com and shoot ryan(the owner) he might be able to give you some insight into the taillight swap. good guys to work with although i heard the shop might be closed now. either way, its worth a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts