VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just received my red/clear/clear/red taillights from ebay but they came with no instructions. does anybody know of any websites that have detailed instructions on how to do it?

thanks

[ June 28, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I don't have a Golf but I would ASSume it would be similar to the Jetta.

There should be a latch behind each taillight. Open it and unplug the harness. Then remove the bulb panel and put it away. There should be four "nuts" lol holding each taillight in place. Unscrew them and Voila! To put your new tails back on repeat the steps in the reverse order.

[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah but be carfull you dont drop the bolts ya take off. you have to reach in there pritty far. i havetnt done it but thats what i hear. hope this helps

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah, try using a spin-tite, or have good hands, because the nuts are in far reach, however the process is very simple

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Open the hatch and in each side there is a little door. Open those and you will find screws, take them out. After you get them all out the taillights should pop right out. You have to pull a little, but BE CAREFUL!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!

brett how many screws should i be looking for?

·
Registered
125 Posts
should be one in each corner, and if they didnt come with gaskets use the stock ones

·
Registered
125 Posts
hey btw, anyone seen the aftermarket tails that match the new audi a4, i seen them on ebay for jetta, seem pretty hott, since i get heat about my altezza's thinkin of changing, not to fall victim to critism, but i guess they arent as nice as i thought

i think these are hott, audi a4 for jetta http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/51140/15.jpg

these are wut i have

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
HMMMM... I actually like those, but i would like to see them on the jetta then just sitting there.
jon

[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: Bora2021 ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
thanks guys!

brett how many screws should i be looking for?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...I honestly forget, it was a long time ago. I will let you know when I go to my car later though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
HMMMM... I actually like those, but i would like to see them on the jetta then just sitting there.
jon

[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: Bora2021 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually its identical to the audi a4, i dont have a pic of the vw, seen it though, looks kool,

although everyone wants to through words like "ricer" around for having altezza's, meanwhile its customery to drop a dub w/ 18's and throw on a kit, so wut gives??, any takers??

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
It's more of the taste of the kit that matters. The C/F lights that you have are not as bad as the normal ones. The other reason alot of the Altezza lights you see are made real cheaply and usually fog up.
jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts