VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post your ideas for modifications. Just got this car. Looking to do something nice with it.

01 GTI VR6

So far it has:

18in 06 Huff VW wheels
2 12in sony subs
2 punch 250 amps
Pioneer Head Unit

I was thinking of finishing the wheels black, throwing on some tint, maybe lowering, and some projector LEDS?

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
projectors without halos or a do a retrofit.. see the mk4 diy sticky.

lower it for sure.. even if its just a little bit with a cup kit.. dont do lowering springs over priced and just kill ur struts.

wheels black is meh.. im not a fan of solid black wheels bcuz u cant distinguish between them and the tires. IMO

exhaust. for sure.. borla is sex on the vr.

unitronic chip stage 1 or 2

short ram or cold air intake.

short throw shifter.

boser hood or notch fill.. go badgless at least upfront with a grill (on sale at gtimotorsports.com for $45.. theyre a forum sponsor)

use a blow dryer / heat gun and dental floss to remove the gti logo and vr6 off the hatch.. and use sticker shock from autozone to remove the glue.

thats a good start.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh forgot to mention i already got a hydraulic clutch and short shift :)
Pretty solid ideas.
I wanted to paint the rims black because I don't like the silver with the red. Those huff rims I feel look too "cute" for my tastes on a GTI. Just the style of them. IDK

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And i have a wheel mod on to make the wheels come out wider. Changes the bolt pattern to 5x112 I think

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
just use spacers with longer bolts. might have to roll fenders if u drop..

other thing is look for someone whos willing to trade something u like more.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
What fukn said... Lower it then exhaust... Then chip do expensive first the low has to be there done be driving a monster truck

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That bumper confuses me.. the trim is painted but not the bumper?... Lol

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
google red mk4 gti.
find the best e -ballers car.
duplicate it.
post sweet pics.
winning.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
just creamed my pants on that first gti.. that was the one i had under the lid of my tool box when i had my tornado gti.. :( thanks fubar.... u brought a tear to my eyes.

·
Registered
594 Posts
definitely lower it first

don't waste $ on springs... grab a decent coil over set and you can fine tune exactly where you want the ride height and wheel gap. Yeah coilovers are more expensive (depends where you look / what brand - ie racelands) but are far better than springs or a cup kit. You'll be glad you did.

After lowering it I'd hit a nice catback exhaust. I've always liked magnaflow on my VR because it's quiet when you want it to be and freaking nasty when you want that. Heatscore from a crazy loud exhaust = fail. I dunno about your area but cops love to make a show with a modded car and pull u over for any damn thing in my neighbourhood.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i got hassled about my window tint by a rookie cop. but he said nothing about the load of stickers all down the side of my windshield

·
Registered
594 Posts
i got hassled about my window tint by a rookie cop. but he said nothing about the load of stickers all down the side of my windshield
see here, "officially" there is no ticket or offense quota.... but there CLEARLY is and it's against our rights.

At the end of every month there's a massive police blitz and countless people get the most idiotic tickets ever.... not because you're guilty of something but because the cop needs to have "x" amount of tickets for the month and he / she needs to catch up, so they'll charge you with anything - even if they know it won't stick. Hell - I've had cops actually tell me how to get off a charge probably because they feel bad.

For example the charge "improper exhaust"in Ontario; the law on the subject is only enforced "by officer discretion" - there is no actual decibel reading required or any other type of measured, clear criteria to determine what an "improper exhaust" actually is. So almost all of these charges get thrown out, but we still have to take a day off work, lose our wages, and go to court - and be happy about it? Stupidness!

I hope u guys have law enforcement that actually wants to catch dangerous drivers, murderers and rapists - you know... the criminals that actually hurt people? Instead of picking on hard working people that spend massive dollars and time for their hobby. Ugh.

·
Registered
335 Posts
^ so fukn true...
i got pulled for my exhaust and ended up with a ticket for not changing my address on my license yet.. charged me 160.... then after i complained the ruhtard goes well i couldve charged you for your exhaust which was "drum roll" 168...
He was in training and i wish i took it to court but i had school and a job which i couldnt afford to loose a day on either so i just mailed them a check...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
definitely lower it first
Heatscore from a crazy loud exhaust = fail. I dunno about your area but cops love to make a show with a modded car and pull u over for any damn thing in my neighbourhood.
Haha. Yep. I used to a have an 01 Civic (yes I regret it) with 18's and tinted windows. The cops used to love pulling me over. Point is, the cops around here are @holes too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts