VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is 4 screws that secure the headlight into place. I can take out the top 2 screws, but how do i get to the bottom 2 screws? Do i have to take out the bumper? (dun wanna do that) THanks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Before removing the bumper i would try taking off the wheel and removing the plastic wheel well. When I did my intake we had to remove some plastic from the headlight and we did it all from there. But the bottom screws for the headlight might be under the bumper, I dont remember if you could get to them from that point. Just thought it was easier then removing the bumper.

·
Registered
676 Posts
When i did my Ecodes on my BORA the angle on those bottom screws just couldnt be done any easier and less frustrating without removing the bumper. Take your time with doing it all and you'll save lots of frustration.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the site! Hope it helps me out!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
taking your front bumper off is very easy. take your time. I did it my first time in less than 30 minutes-it took that long because rich and I only had 1 torx tool. BTW, if you dont have one already, go get a TORX multi-tool-one with different torx screw drivers on them (all in one tool). Very handy tool, and very useful for vws (especially mk4s as almost everything inside and out is held by torx screws). you must take your grill off first though. the toughest part of the entire process is the little clip on the grill (its the part of the release for the hood). good luck and check out THIS LINK also.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
taking your front bumper off is very easy. take your time. I did it my first time in less than 30 minutes-it took that long because rich and I only had 1 torx tool. BTW, if you dont have one already, go get a TORX multi-tool-one with different torx screw drivers on them (all in one tool). Very handy tool, and very useful for vws (especially mk4s as almost everything inside and out is held by torx screws). you must take your grill off first though. the toughest part of the entire process is the little clip on the grill (its the part of the release for the hood). good luck and check out THIS LINK also.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do i get this Torx Tool?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI 1.8T:

Where do i get this Torx Tool?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

any hardware store will have them.
here is a Link-this is the one I have:
LINK

Here is another type:
ANOTHER LINK

here is a better piture of one

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a problem getting pass the first part.
(The Pin Part) I can not find the pin? Can someone please help me on this. This step seems like its the most difficult. Where is the part where I use a screw driver to lift the thing? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts