VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here what I have. Late model 1999 Golf GLS. I have been having trouble with the blinkers stickling every now and then . . . anyone know what's up with that?

Second?

Just recently my factory changer stopped working. The sleeve will slide in but not stay locked. Seems there is no power to it. Anyone know if there is an inline or seperate fuse for this.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
For your first question, did you change out the bulbs? sometimes thats a indicator that the bulb is out or just about ready to go out. second ?? since i don't have a changer i'm not sure if there is a fuse in the panal by the door. might want to check the owners manual to see if there is one. HTH
jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon,

Thanks for the input. The bulbs are good to go. it's strange. For the most part they work and then if the wheel is in a certain place it will make them stick . . . but not that I think about the hazards do it sometimes too. I wonder if it has something to do with the relay switch.

j-

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
First welcome to the forum! Here what to do to diagnose your bulb problem. First check all you fuses to ensure that they are not blown. Second check all your bulbs, like Jon said if one blows the blinker will blink out of sequence to let you know that one is out. Third check the blub connections. Sometime water gets in and corrudes the connection. If you see a white deposit on the bulbs on connection take a light grit sandpaper and skuff it up to complete the connection. Lastly it could be that the rely went back you can pop it out and try a new one. Shouldn't be that expensive to pick a new on up. But with electrical it usually either works or not works. So check to ensure you don't have a loose wire somewhere.

Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts