VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was thinking theres a boost sencor in the innercooler if i was to put a resistor inline from the sensor to the ecu it would tall the ecu that the boost pressure was lower correct?? the rest of the system wouldnt be effected because the tps and vacume fuel pressure valve would keep feul because of the vacume. and the injectors would adjust because of the tps and maf but the question is will it send the car into limp mode because of the change

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Have no clue what you are getting at. If you are going into limp mode, you have a problem. Fix the problem instead if trying to rig it. It's just going to create more problems.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
ive seen your other posts. why dont you listen and put your shit back to stock? youre running into problems because of the manual boost controller, and your tinkering with fuel ratios and whatnot. you want more power? get rid of the mbc, get a tune from a reliable company like unitronics or giac, get an upgraded divertervalve like the forge 007, and get a cone intake.

no need to fuck with the mbc, fuel ratios, injectors or whatever else youre doing to destroy your car and make it run like piss.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If your going to build a turbo car do it right. Messing with the mcb and what not is just going going to ruin your engine. Get it tuned correctly......just sayin.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok im asking questions because i wanna know. i went back to the stock set up after i learned about the limp mode. my N75 is messed up and stuck open so im still at 5 lbs if i matt it i get like 7 or 8 and im in upstate ny the closest place to get my shit tuned is like 4 hours south or in vermont and that make life hard because i cant leave the county (fucking parole) so how do i find a downloadable remaping program for my ecu i have the vag con system on my computes at home and work. so.....

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
if its shot, buy a new n75. i believe gonzo tuning, and even the other ones will allow you to mail your ecu in.

or have someone else drive your car their. use unitronics dealer locator on their site too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You could also buy a second ecu that already has a tune on it or just buy a second one and send it to a reflash company. You would need to check the serial on yours to make sure it would match up to your car and would need the immobilizer defeated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
we all know what limp mode is like but for a while i was running at about 5lbs boost too even though i'm tuned for 12lbs. is there a "sorta limp mode" that can be engaged or is this a bad reading on a sensor like the n75 or n249? 'cause the car would go from normal to limp to running 5lbs for some reason...

...so i guess my contribution is this:
-"Is there a sorta limp mode?" because that could be your issue.
and also, ECU's don't like to be deceived and will eff your day up when you mess with input data to get the car to do what you want... also, you'll probably be disappointed with apr's stage 1 tune (i have it)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just replaced the n75 in my car and it still only made 5lbs. i have the hoses backwards so i switched them and now im peaking at 13 and steady at 11 i also cant send out my ecu because i need the car for work. buying another would be easy enough if i didnt have the 337 but theres so few of them it makes it hard. also id be looking for a stage 2 or 3 kit. and id really like to get a vw factory tune but its gonna COST a Fuq load and idk if VW actually makes a modified set up

·
Registered
322 Posts
You don't need an ECU from a 337. You need an ECU from the same engine code, which should be AWP. And there are tons of them out there.

Also, VW doesn't do their own tunes. Your options are tuners like Unitronic, APR, Revo, etc. Now, some VW dealers are tuner dealers (I believe one in Charlotte deals APR for example), but most aren't. You'll need to search the major tuner websites for their dealer network. For example, my mechanic is a dealer for Unitronic.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Oh. boy.

yes. 337 does not matter for an ecu.
any gti, 20th, 337, gls, gli, etc with a 1.8t awp engine code ecu will suffice. i imagine a local junk yard has one hiding in it local to you. then you can send that one out to be tuned.

replace the n75.
tune it.
throw mbc in the trash can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts