VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i disable that annoying sound when the doors are open(besides closing the doors for the smart-ass people here---takes one to know one) is there a fuse for it??

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
what me and my friends did to mine was def. the cheap way, but what we did was theres a sensor thing when the door closes and touches the inside of the panel it gets pushed down and thats wut stops the noise.we ripped that hole sensor out and then used electrical tape to keep it down. and wala no more sound. haha if this was confusing just let me know and ill try to explain it again... hope this helps!

aol sn- vwspeed97

"objects in mirror are losing"

·
Registered
73 Posts
You're correct. On my mkIII, if you go under te steering wheel to the fuse box, theres a big black block there, about 2.5"x1"x1". All you have to do is pull it out! the nice thing bout this is that you can always put it back if need be.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....i'll give them both a try....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anybody realize that the annoying sound is La Cucaracha??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah its that little fuse box, and it dont sound like cucaracha to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm...well mine plays la cucaracha and also a european siren. I forget when though cuz its at different times depending on the key in the ignition and the doors...my nephew has a 1999 wolfsberg and his plays la cucaracha too.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
This is a easy one, just remove the "noise box " from the relay panel under the dash on the drivers side.You may have to pull the folding panel out of the way first !Make sure you don't have the car running when you do this too!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m of team s and s:
This is a easy one, just remove the "noise box " from the relay panel under the dash on the drivers side.You may have to pull the folding panel out of the way first !Make sure you don't have the car running when you do this too!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OR... get some raid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts