VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I'm a n00b to this forum so first I'll introduce myself. My name is Tom and I'm the proud owner of a dark blue with grey interior 2002 Jetta GLX (no sport suspension upgrade and 12v instead of 24v which is too bad but thats just how things worked out). I'm 21 and I live in the seacoast area of NH. I have a little under 20k on my car and am desiring more performance. I've already done a bit of research about ways I can upgrade my car - intake, exhaust, suspension, supercharger, etc. but I was wondering what people think the best upgrade plan is. I can't really afford to do all the upgrades all at once so that is something to keep in mind. I'm more of a computer guy than a car guy but I'm willing to learn. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
1. Shocks and springs
2. CAI
3. Exhaust
4. Chip

That should last you a while, and where in NH are you from? I'm from MA, not too far from NH, and I go to New England Dragway sometimes in the summer.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am originally from around Concord but am currently residing in Dover. One of my friends from work goes the NE Dragway sometimes I think - but he's more into American muscle cars and not imports.

Regarding shocks and springs - I don't want my car to lower that much from its current height because of some of the terrain I end up having to drive on occasionally. I'd say about an inch would probably be okay but less is better - any suggestions on a good set up for that will still provide the enhanced handling that I desire?

·
Registered
777 Posts
tommunist i think your falling in with the trend here, most people here have one to two inch drops... and dropping sokmthing right is a bit more expencive than going in the back yard and cutting sh$% off.... if your a first time vw owner like me id actually go with the intake first, the vr6 motor sounds very unique an intake will bring out alot of the sound, and a little performance, but when you add the exhaust and chip and your engine starts to breath (you wont only get better milage<if you stay out of it>) but youll get a good bit of power...

*edit* - the milage statement is only valid if you can stay out of it

[ July 18, 2003: Message edited by: Midnight VR6 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts