VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed the front engine mount,but it still does this.
when i accelerate,it goes to the left.
when i take my foot out,it goes to the left!?!?
why is this,and how can i fix it!?!?
thx

G

·
0 Posts
it's torch steer my gti has it when u do alot of preformance stuff to it,it pulls to the left alot...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
usually,to one side only is alligment,but mine,after the alligment,did it!

damn...
when i said "when i take my foot out,it goes to the left!?!?" i meant to the right!!!
sorry...

[ February 03, 2004: Message edited by: HidRo ]

G

·
0 Posts
hmm....maybe a broken tranny braket that goes to the rear motor mount i had to replace the one on the gti...

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is not a single Vdub in the entire world that goes straight in a line, and theres a reason. Quite simple really, after pondering why my car kept going right when you let go of the wheel, my dad informed me, along with several other sources, that this is simply a safety feature. If you fall asleep, the car is designed to put you in a ditch, instead of oncoming traffic. Look it up if you dont believe me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whell...i think i found the problem...a mec that is crazy about dubs,said its a ruber thing...in the ?whisbones? its a triangular shape thing where the whell bolts on

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
What was wrong with the wish bone bushing? Torque steer would pull because of the 1 1/2 differentals you have.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but the problem is not torque steer!the car is stock!i don't know if its the wish bone.gotta get a pic

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
the whole ditch thing sounds awesome but i would have the alighnment looked at...and maybe evrything with the suspension

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Doesn't matter if your car is stock or tuned, everyone gets torque steer. Still sounds like alignment to me. Are the roads level? not to insult your inteligence.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I doubt the machine would give wrong reading unless he is measuring from the wrong places. Possibly a bad alignment/shady mechanic. For what it cost, mabye try getting another alignment (from a differnt shop), and replacing all the control arm/suspension bushings. Does the car favor one side? and how hard/far do you have to pull the wheel to get it to glide straight?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well...its something like this...
if the car is in neutral and going down a hill,it goes forward(a litle tiny bit to the left).
if you accelerate it goes a litle(more) to the left.
when you take your foot out it goes madly to the right...
the thing is,when accelerating,the steering whell straights and its in regular position.when the foot is off,it goes to the left...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

managed to get a pic of it!!!
it the ?mcpherson? thing that takes the ruber things...what is the name for those!?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you have to do better then that to insult me

hehehe
i got the car aligned some time ago,and when it came from there is was even worse!!!
i think i saw the left whell(driver side) a litle bit off.outgoing i might say...so,it was like this \-----| left out.the guy there said it was my eyes...and the machine was showing accuracy on the alighment...but hey,i'm just a duber with no experience...can the machine get it wrong!?
and the mechanic said to me that was the ruber things in the trianguler piece that goes up and down,where the shock olds on to.i dont know the name in english.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's called a CVJ joint rubber boot

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rubber boot!?!?!hummm i don't think thats it.is it the rubber with the bolt in??i think the boot its the grease container,right!?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
rubber boot!?!?!hummm i don't think thats it.is it the rubber with the bolt in??i think the boot its the grease container,right!?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right about the CV Joint. Iv been searching for the bently diagram of your cars suspension.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts