VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever ran into any veedub drivers that are just straight pricks?? the other day i drove by this dude and checked out his car then he followed me and reved his engine and acted like he wanted to race (btw - he had a 2.0 jetta with some kind of cheap exhaust) anyway has anyone else ran into vw drivers like this?? these kind of people just give us a bad name (in my opinion)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
well i try to race other Dubs sometimes. i also race other cars. its not that i am a prick or anythign, its just i wanna have some fun. like, if i came up to a Corrado G60, and reved, i know i would lose, but it would still be fun. its like hanging out with a fellow dubber while you ahve the chance.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Heh, yeah, there's guy like that in this car club I'm in at school. He think's his car is the sh*t, when infact, it's not. It's funny though, cause you look at the cars his real friends drive (the guys he hangs out with when he's not with the club) and they all drive ricers. So basically, the only reason why he got a dub was because all his friends already have honda's and he wanted to be different. He has no respect for the badge at all.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It is true... it is hard to distinguish whether a guy is being a prick or just wants to have fun. However there are pricks on the road in our VW's there is no doubt about that.

I personally never have an instinct to race a fellow Dubber, I'd rather adjust my speed to his and enjoy a little cruise. My car isn't fast but people tend to chicken out just by looking at my car. I like to acknowledge other Dubbers by showing him the thumb up, even though I sometimes get the middle finger in return. Poor me... Heheheheh

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah i was cruisin to the shore with my friend (k2jetta98) and this kid in a red mk3 gti was in the other lane. he had some fart can and a huge vw sticker on the back window. so at the light, he was infront of me and reved his engine, and i did mine and he gave me the thumbs up and then the thumbs down like he was like NOT! well his exhaust sounded like shit and his car wasnt all that great either. i hate kids like that.
RIch

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yes there are vw drivers that r strait out dicks, like the other month my club and i were cruisen the circuit in york and a turbo'd beetle was thinken he was hot shit, i pulled up next to him to be a friendly vw driver to say hi and ask him what all he had done. he thought he was the hottest shit out there and decided to bad mouth my dub and try to race everyone in sight.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Similar story here. I was out this saturday night on my way home from the club when I get highbeamed by what seems to be a mk4 jetta. Anyway, I pull into the right lane becuase i was feeling too damn good to let anyone ruin my buzz. This was until he flew past me and saw that it was a 2.0 and it pissed me off. I downshifted and blew em away. Am I a prick?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Timmay2k2:
well i try to race other Dubs sometimes. i also race other cars. its not that i am a prick or anythign, its just i wanna have some fun. like, if i came up to a Corrado G60, and reved, i know i would lose, but it would still be fun. its like hanging out with a fellow dubber while you ahve the chance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what you mean but i was refering to just the prick types, i know this guy is a prick. i know a race is always fun but i wasnt talkin about the dubbers that would throw up the peace sign and say hi after the race.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
its one thing to uphold your reputation, with having a nice fast car. but it's another thing to think and act like your are hot shit all the time and try to be mister "I have a fast car and I can beat you and I have this and that, and I am better than you." the dubbers that flick you off and give you the thumbs down, are pricks. I think everyone enjoys a nice race now and then. and if you win, slow down, and show your respect,(wave, thumbs up, whatever). I try to wave to other dubbers around my town or where ever I am. I agree with timmay2k2, its like a brief moment where you can "hang out" with a fellow dubber. Drive safe, have fun, and be nice.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I've discovered though, being a TRUE dubber, not just someone who drives a VW, is like being part of a brotherhood. And you can tell who the other dubbers are that feel this same way, and then you can tell who the people are who just drive a VW.

Heh, I've also discovered that chicks in red Jetta's don't think it's as cool that I drive a red GTI as I do. Silly gurls.

·
Registered
175 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:
I've discovered though, being a TRUE dubber, not just someone who drives a VW, is like being part of a brotherhood. And you can tell who the other dubbers are that feel this same way, and then you can tell who the people are who just drive a VW.

Heh, I've also discovered that chicks in red Jetta's don't think it's as cool that I drive a red GTI as I do. Silly gurls.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe cause ur driving it
j/k

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whiteboy2.0:
maybe cause ur driving it
j/k
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, if you weren't married to my sister, I'd really be mad at you for saying that......jerk

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:

You know, if you weren't married to my sister, I'd really be mad at you for saying that......jerk
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know Whiteboy was your Brother-in-law, Jonny.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
I didn't know Whiteboy was your Brother-in-law, Jonny.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, I thought I had made that known to everyone on here. Fli is a good friend of ours as well. But yeah, Rick (aka whiteboy) is the one that lead me to a love of VW's.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
damn there are a lot of hits in this thread in one day. anywho, i understand. and yeah, i also give the wave and i get the finger in return. i just laugh and keep goin. its all good.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, yea. John took it literally when we told him that the Vdubz were a family. So he married in. Hehe...

I haven't encountered a rude dub yet. I have had good experiences so far. Ive even had pretty good experiences with the ricers. A few of them just wont admit that they got beat, but the most will concede and wave off or whatever.

My wife doesn't seem to understand the brotherhood thing, she likes to talk to other dubbers, but she wont go to any GTG's and hates it when I get together with whiteboy and talk cars all night.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yea I always wave to MK4's, though some can be pompous pricks...seems a lot of them at my university are just daddy's rich pricks who don't really know what they're driving...that really bothers me. But I saw this kid once with a MK1 who was really cool, we stopped at a light to chat and held up traffic. Now that's a real v dubber

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
My wife doesn't seem to understand the brotherhood thing, she likes to talk to other dubbers, but she wont go to any GTG's and hates it when I get together with whiteboy and talk cars all night.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, my sister can't wait when I come to visit so Rick (whiteboy) and I can talk about cars the WHOLE time (well, most of the time)!!!!!!!! Maybe all 3 of us can get together so my girlfriend can experience the joy.......no.....wait......I don't have a girlfriend, n/m.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts