VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding around in downtown and all of a sudden my engine started running rough. I sprinted home after dropping my girlfriend off and pulled all these codes with my cheapy ebay cable.

17965 Positive Deviation - Had this problem for the longest time and still can't find it...
17705 - Pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve
16514 - Primary O2 sensor? Second hand owner replaced it before I bought it. The thing looks brand new compared to the secondary.
18032 - TCM error (Just TC slippage and wrong gear ratio code) Will get it fixed soon.
16795 - Secondary Air Injection System incorrect flow
17522 - Secondary O2 sensor
16684 - Misfire
16687 - Misfire

Any idea where to start?

My mods so far are the following:
3" turbo back exhaust with 90" secondary O2 extension
Short Ram Intake
Turbo Inlet Pipe upgrade

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if the AWP ignition harness will work with an AWD engine? I manage to come to the conclusion either my coil packs are dead or my ignition harness is dead.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This is a good place to look up codes: Ross-Tech Wiki

I would vote coil pack vs. harness. Looks like cyl 3 has the misfire. Move the coil pack to another cylinder and see if it follows it.

Also, for your first 2 codes, I'd look into your diverter valve.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Confirmed it was my coil packs. Changed out my plugs but ended up mixing up the coil packs and the misfire happened on cylinder 4. I've checked my DV and jammed my finger inside the thing. The thing pushes down straight. Does anyone know the firing order if you look at the engine bay. There's been a lot of mixed answers on other forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts