VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what you think of the J-valve? Would it be any good for a GTI? HP GAIN? i think it messes up something inside..don't remember.

·
Registered
223 Posts
get the boost valve from overboost.com and you will not have the spike no more. I went with that works like a charm. u will get your moneys worth.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI 1.8T:
Hey guys, what you think of the J-valve? Would it be any good for a GTI? HP GAIN? i think it messes up something inside..don't remember.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The N75 valve is an actuator that basically lets the ECU know when to quit pushing boost. The J version of this valve, or H even, allows the car to be fooled into pushing higher boost over a longer amount of time. On a APR chipped AWP engine, we're talking about 3~4 lbs of plateud power. (not spike). In other words, you'll hold boost at about 20 lbs instead of 15~17.

The drawback you mentioned is that you will have a higher spike and possibly trip into limp mode. A manual boost controller can be used to partner with the J or H valve to cap the boost to say, 19 or 20 lbs; This will allow you to reap the benefits while keeping from going into limp mode.

Disclaimer:
This or any similar modification will make the turbo work a harder and similarly shorten turbo life.

There are a handful of members here that have this setup. I'm sure they will more than happy to share their thoughts as well.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:

Disclaimer:
This or any similar modification will make the turbo work a harder and similarly shorten turbo life.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As well as push the turbo further from its efficiency range, heating up intake temps. There's still power to be had with just the valve, but better intercooling and a larger turbo will show huge benifits here too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts