VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I will be going through how to set up and tune OBD1 motronic VWs,BMW,Audis,and a bunch of other cars right here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the other piece of equipment you will need.Its a chip programer.

BURN2 Chip Programmer [BURN2] - $85.00 : Moates.Net

This is the ostrich. Most honda tuners now have the V2.0 ostrich so this can be done by them.

Ostrich 2.0 : The New Breed [OSTRICH_2] - $175.00 : Moates.Net

And a couple of EEPROMs. I would get two or three of these. Most of your tuning is going to be done with the emulator. Again this is something that most honda tuners already have in stock.

C2 SST 27SF512 Chip [C2] - $5.00 : Moates.Net

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now for the free software that you will need to download.

here is a good hex editor that will be used for a while to show you the principles of how to do this. Most of the things we will be learning are going to be done automatically by the software that we will be using as well.

http://www.x-ways.net/winhex.zip

Here is the main tune software that we will be using.Its called tunerpro and its a configurable software the is specifically for tuning chip files.Its free however I recomend giving the developer some $$$.

TunerPro and TunerPro RT - Professional Automobile Tuning Software

Also get your winols demo right here. Its very good for identifying maps.

Download WinOLS DEMO 1.098 - Free Download Review at Shareware Connection Software Portal, No Crack Serial Number, No Key Warez

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets start out with the 93-95 OBD1golf/jetta chip file.Everybody get it downloaded and we will start here.

Now open up your hex editor(winhex) and open up the file.The first thing we need to do is find the checksum and be able to recalculate it.

The checksum in most motronic chip files is by the file ID tag.This is usually located after most of the code and the maps in the file(we will get to that later).In this case its at CF00 and CF01.The checksum is a 16bit checksum and is the total of the block from 0000-CEFF.If you click edit- define block and type in the 0 for the start of the block and CEFF for the end of the block the hex editor will highlight that part of the chip file.Now you have the block selected to checksum.Click tools-calculate hash.On the drop down pick 16bit and then OK.That will spit out the checksum of the block.You will also notice this matches the locations CF00 and CF01.

·
Registered
1 Posts
here is a picture of the ostrich eprom emulator plugged into the obd1 vr6 ecu.... i just leave the ostrich inside the ecu fulltime... battery backup inside the ostrich stores software with no problems so no need for a programmer or chip just yet ....... any questions just ask

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok lets set up our tunerpro to automatically correct the checksum. Fir thing you need to do is load up your aba chip file into tunerpro. File and open abaOBD1 file. Then click XDF(xdf is the type of file that lets tunerpro edit the chip file).Click edit header info on the drop down menu. On the little window that pops up click checksums. Now click add new.Now data start stays at 0000,data end is CEFF. Thats the hex block that the checksum adds up.Store size is 16bit and data size is 8bit.Leave it set to sum/no carry.And now save it.

Now your ready to edit in some maps. Lets go find some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok if people actually give a shit then I will show everyone how to set up the fuel tables in tunerpro later today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am following this for a aan motronic 2.3.2
I have a modified ecu but i can not use it because of the immo(the donor car is equipped with one but my car is not),and i need to do something with that immo or try to modify a stock bin.
We all are waiting:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts