VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddies, up here in the great white north, drive VW's and are proud of our work. In Ottawa, their is SO much rice it isn't funny, and there is always an ongoing battle between VW and Honda/Acura. I dont necessarily hate honda, but i hate what these kids do to their cars and think their fast shit when all they have is a muffler tip and neon washer lights. All they do is drive recklessly and by doing that have attracted lots of heat to our cars, even when were just cruisin at night. Me and my friends have converted a few of these ricers into buying VW's, and their ok now cause they've been cured and de-virginized ala VW. The thing that bugs me the most is how they ALL think their rides are the shit...how can you take so much pride in a civic when practically everybody has one? I think me and my friend are gonna try and change alot of these people and the way they think this season..and hopefully they might buy VW's. I'm not sure how its going to go, but all i know is that were just gonna have to show em up on the road.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Some of them shouldn't be converted. Some people are true assholes, and that is the stero-type that is now around hondas. None of us have a problem on here with a well built clean honda.(Blue EG Civic turbo on Fast Cars Hot Tail Pipes comes to mind) Some of those guys are plain asshole and belong in that scene, some are good guys that can respect the work anyone puts into their cars. The jap. tuning community is full of large Egos, the german tuning community is mostly people who have a common intrest and love helping eachother out. Like this Forum, try and find a honda forum where you can be givin personal advice from a group of very knowledgeable people, they may exist, but flaming and bashing constantly goes on.
"You are a product of your enviorment" and that statement applies to the honda community. Start hanging out with a bunch off assholes and you become one yourself. Monkey see monkey do.
Imports on the Hill-Ski Roundtop VW/Audi vs. Honda/Acura, should be intresting...

Not everyone belongs in the VW scene, just be careful who you are trying to convert. Also, I think one of the reasons the VW scene differs from the honda scene is because of size. I personally like being a part of the more underground scene, we all know what happens when it becomes a trend...
But, Personally, and as a group, we will welcome anyone intrested in converting over to our "side".

We can all name probably about 5 honda drivers who are arrogant pricks, how many vw drivers do you know like that?...

·
Registered
103 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Some of them shouldn't be converted. Some people are true assholes, and that is the stero-type that is now around hondas. None of us have a problem on here with a well built clean honda.(Blue EG Civic turbo on Fast Cars Hot Tail Pipes comes to mind) Some of those guys are plain asshole and belong in that scene, some are good guys that can respect the work anyone puts into their cars. The jap. tuning community is full of large Egos, the german tuning community is mostly people who have a common intrest and love helping eachother out. Like this Forum, try and find a honda forum where you can be givin personal advice from a group of very knowledgeable people, they may exist, but flaming and bashing constantly goes on.
"You are a product of your enviorment" and that statement applies to the honda community. Start hanging out with a bunch off assholes and you become one yourself. Monkey see monkey do.
Imports on the Hill-Ski Roundtop VW/Audi vs. Honda/Acura, should be intresting...

Not everyone belongs in the VW scene, just be careful who you are trying to convert. Also, I think one of the reasons the VW scene differs from the honda scene is because of size. I personally like being a part of the more underground scene, we all know what happens when it becomes a trend...
But, Personally, and as a group, we will welcome anyone intrested in converting over to our "side".

We can all name probably about 5 honda drivers who are arrogant pricks, how many vw drivers do you know like that?...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. You can't show them all the light, because what fun is beating out another VW when you can easily beat out a different make of car?

·
Registered
394 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OneManLan:

Agreed. You can't show them all the light, because what fun is beating out another VW when you can easily beat out a different make of car?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not that easy...a civic vti 160hp,is not a cheap sht...it goes good

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
while i'm anti honda aswell, i'm glad there's a lot of them running around. The kids beet the crap out of them and burn up trannies and clutches then bring them to the shop to get fixed. so the more wannabe racers who dump the clutch at every stop sign and light the more business

1 - 5 of 5 Posts