Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is a bit of a weird fault.

- I can switch the overhead courtesy light on and off;
- all the bulbs work;
- the sun-roof switch works;
- when the doors are opened, the courtesy lights in the foot-wells come on;

BUT,
- the overhead courtesy light will not switch on when the doors are opened and the overhead switch is set to the center position.

Golf, FSI, Mk5 (2005)

Any thoughts ...

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
My best guess is the door locking mechanism. Wait. is it just one door or any door? If none of the doors work and you have access to a vagcom check the comfort control module. This is my best guess. At least it will give you something to do until someone else chimes in. Good luck!

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
I'm having the same issue. It does it randomly, as well as now I can not put the driverside window up or down with just one flick of the switch. Has to be held to work. I think it is ccm related.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Fubar - your problem may be water/corrosion in the switch. My B5 used to do that all the time. I went through about 3 CCMs trying to figure it out. Switches are great for that stuff. the thing is if you leave your window open a little water gets in the switch and out pops the gremlins. You can't get them wet. Is that on the MKIV or MKV? I have noticed that the switch in the MKV seems to be conformally coated. I think this problem would be far less likely in the MKV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts