VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I have one of those Alex. I like it. So all the vw's in China must be riced out. Thank you for sharing.

oh, and.... I'm just messing with you

·
Registered
151 Posts
HAHAH that makes no sense what so ever first off VW isnt even asian...Why would anyone put something like that on theirm car?? I dont think ive seen something like that on a VW

·
Registered
413 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vr6Gti16:
HAHAH that makes no sense what so ever first off VW isnt even asian...Why would anyone put something like that on theirm car?? I dont think ive seen something like that on a VW<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you go to China you'd see them all over the place.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
haha thats pritty cool ive never seen that before. haha. i would hope to never see one anywhere but china but other than that. its pritty funny

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
hmmm....hopefully nobody buys that unless they live in china!

however, to me, it is basically the same as putting the "bora" badge on the back of your jetta. it's not a bora in north america, it's a jetta. so putting chinese lettering on the back of your jetta would be considered the same.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
267 Posts
on of the mags that i got the other night... vw scene had a jetta featured with taht badge on it... i guess it means "first volkswagen" or something like that

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
hmmm....however, to me, it is basically the same as putting the "bora" badge on the back of your jetta...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent point Tony.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess if someone were tuning their VW with a certain theme or what not it would be acceptable, like a japanese tuning theme (I think they tune some VW's in Japan, although the badge is in Chinese)...But I'm just scared that some poor uneducated young Dubber might decide on this mod out of previous ignorance (AKA Honda's)...OH the humanity....

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
however, to me, it is basically the same as putting the "bora" badge on the back of your jetta. it's not a bora in north america, it's a jetta. so putting chinese lettering on the back of your jetta would be considered the same.
Putting a BORA badge is a little bit different. That's were the car originally came from, so what's the big deal?? Putting abadge from a different country other then the motherland, well that's just crazy!!

So what about the 1.8T badges with the red "T"'s or the 20V badge with the red "V"'s??

"BORA badges are like Type R bagdes but cooler"

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: B5 TURBO ]

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the Bora badge is alright as well. I also think it is alright for other cars to "upgrade" to the badge of their homeland. For example, a 350Z here could swap on a FairladyZ badge and that would be cool. There is a guy here on campus with a G35 that he put a SKYLINE badge on. Normally I would be against this, but the car looks freakin' AWSOME!!!
So I say his is nearly legit. But if someone, say, put's a GT-R badge on a 240SX or a R32 badge on a 1.8T, that I have a problem with. This badge on ebay is a lot like someone putting a badge on their car for their exhaust; it is just kind of tacky IMO...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts