VW Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
well with the vette wheels and them being a 56mm offset i needed a 33mm adapter to run them in the front and just barley clear the spring seat. it would be better off with a 8" wide wheel then a 8.5" wheel.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Brand: Koni Coilovers
Miles driven on: 7000
Spacers: 15mm front, 20mm rear
FTG: 24in (maxed out)
Price: $650 (2012), regular $1100
Purchased at: online vender
Other Information: So far these coilovers are great. I like the fact that they are dampening adjustable, though I have left them at the softest setting. Wouldn't mind if they were a bit softer on their softest setting, but they don't seem to be too harsh. I haven't had them through winter yet, but they have held up great. They are at their lowest setting which isn't too low (wish they could go a little lower), but its low enough to maintain function and form at the same time. They aren't really bouncy despite them being on their lowest setting. They ride real nice. I definitely recommend them.

UPDATE: 3/18/2014
Very pleased with these. They completely settled a while ago, and they ride very smoothly. No bouncing whatsoever, low enough, just overall great ride quality. They've held up through the winter no problem. I highly recommend Koni Coilovers.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Brand: RSK
Miles driven on: 4000
Spacers: 5mm front
FTG: ---
Price: Came one car. Going rate seems to be in the 400$ range
Purchased at: ebay and whatnot. mine came on the car.
Other Information: I love them. My cousin and I prefer them over his racelands, although I'm not sure if its fair being that his are on an mk2. Car rides nice and "sporty" as I put it. I like a good planted ride. Don't mind feeling the bumps. Car really handles large bumps well! So far, so GREAT!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Brand: Raceland Ultimo's
Miles driven on: 15000
FTG: 24in, but they go lower.
Price: $500
Purchased at: online vender

Review: Bought these last year as my first set of coilovers, and as far as going low...they go REAL low. When i first installed them I had them as low as they would go and was probably 1/4 from dragging frame..

Ride quality is pretty poor in my opinion.. You feel every bump and you better swerve potholes. I've taken out chunks of pavement out going down the interstate at night not seeing potholes.(although I also have low pro tires as well which could add to this) On smooth roads, they handle great the few times I hit the mountains and pushed them a bit, they kept me low and hugging corners.

Build quality is alright i guess, the protective sleeves have already decomposed but raceland is sending me new ones for free, which is cool.

All in all for the price I payed for them, I would rate them a 6/10.

·
Registered
28 Posts
very informative, However in your specs sheet I would have like to seen tire sizes and wheel offset along with your spacers. How are Lowering springs? i am looking to go down 1.3" but i have 225/45/17 with 43mm offset wheels.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts