VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 o'clock news here in western WA... pictures almost made me cry. We didn't get much snow, but the sequence of the weather resulted in everything being covered in ice.

Someone took down a light pole in Seattle with the right front corner of thier black A8.

And a lovely vid of a silver A4 sliding sideways down a hill and right into a parked Subaru.

G

·
0 Posts
ouch now that really sucks...i feel bad for the drivers of those nice cars...and the cars i feel for..

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
woah that can't be good for anybody!

something like that happened around T.O. a couple days ago but nothing that bad.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Ice is no match for anything. When i had my jeep i was going 5mph with AT tires on and did two 360's when i hit a patch of ice
jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Yeah, I hate when people think just cause they have 4WD they can go 40MPH in 10" of snow. Doen'st help braking at all...

·
Registered
466 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
[QB]woah that can't be good for anybody!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except people looking for parts...

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
yea ice is the devil i remember i went to stop somewhere and my jetta just started spining, sry to hear bout those cars

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
Yeah, I hate when people think just cause they have 4WD they can go 40MPH in 10" of snow. Doen'st help braking at all...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do 40MPH in 10" of snow, just for fun.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by das boot:
Originally posted by Straz85:
[qb]Yeah, I hate when people think just cause they have 4WD they can go 40MPH in 10" of snow. Doen'st help braking at all...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do 40MPH in 10" of snow, just for fun.[/QB]
I do it in about two feet of snow. Well, maybe 30 on my snowboard.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Freezing rain on top of 3" of soft powder means heavy trees. I have two trees down in my driveway, about 5 big ones down in the back yard. There's power lines laying in the road in 2 places within a mile of my house.

I'll post some pictures of my truck later. It's under a 1/4 layer of ice. The power is out, but the phone line still works and I have some laptop battery left so I figured I'd post.

[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: Fourt1thirty ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
What a way to use what little battery power you have left.....
Ice does suck, i remember when i was in school we had two weeks off from school because there was about 3 inches of ice everywhere. And over half of the kids that went to my school live in the middle of nowhere where the plows don't go.
jon

·
Registered
173 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
I have two trees down in my driveway,
[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: Fourt1thirty ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hope the rabbit wasnt hurt my friend had a tree fall on his car and messed it all up good thing he wasnt in it.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yeah ice sucks in Washington because it usually ends up destroying a lot of trees. I remember in '96 when that ice storm rolled in; my stepfather lost a bunch of trees that year on his property. Hope nothing is damaged, and that you have a good chainsaw...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Also that storm caused me to miss my flight back to school tuesday, resulting in me missing the first day of classes today. The worst snow storm in 8 years and it happens on the day I have to fly out to go back to school; damn my luck...

·
Registered
777 Posts
speaking of wrecked audi's did anyone see the viva-la-bam show when compton ass terry hit the audi with the 4-wheeler?? they have some pretty badass vw/audi's in the background on that show.... maybe bam's a dubber?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
i don't think he's the one with the S4, i think it was Ryan Dunns car. (i think he was there when it happened.)
jon

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight VR6:
speaking of wrecked audi's did anyone see the viva-la-bam show when compton ass terry hit the audi with the 4-wheeler?? they have some pretty badass vw/audi's in the background on that show.... maybe bam's a dubber?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bam's had a couple S4s.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts