VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find an exhaust for my car. Does any one have any suggestions? I'm looking at the Thermal R&D Cat-Back right now. Any comments on those exhausts? BTW..i got a 1.8T with Giac Chip...Thanks.
The reason im looking at them is cause i can get them for pretty cheap. Also, how much hp do you think it would give u extra. Thanks

[ January 21, 2004: Message edited by: GTI 1.8T ]

[ January 21, 2004: Message edited by: GTI 1.8T ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yes. i have 2.25" cat-back system on my vr6, and love it. It doesnt drone, and has a nice throaty low growl. here is some video of it:

My car video
I got mine used from a guy that had it on his 1.8t

[ January 21, 2004: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Exhaust for 1.8t can be rated at 20+ hp gain.
Thermal r&d is a good company, have heard many good things about them

APR
Miltek
TT
GHL
Brullen - Sound clip...(Before and After Clip) SoUnD cLiP
on a 1.8t Audi a4 (Im stuck between APR and Brullen)

Edit: What kind of sound are you looking to get? Loud, Quiet?

[ January 21, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

[ January 21, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I Have a Thermal R&D on mine, love the sound. I had Magnaflow on the GTI and liked the sound but was a bit to loud after awhile on long trips. Thermal is a bit more of a mellow tone but when you open it up it's a nice deep sound. if you have MSN Messenger, contact me at [email protected] and i'll send you some clips from inside the cabin while i'm driving.
jon

·
Registered
510 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
yes. i have 2.25" cat-back system on my vr6, and love it. It doesnt drone, and has a nice throaty low growl. here is some video of it:

My car video
I got mine used from a guy that had it on his 1.8t

[ January 21, 2004: Message edited by: silverGTI ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, can anybody else post videos like this???? PPLLEEASSEEEE
buh bye

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I can't post it online but on my previous post i put my MSN name. hit me up on that.
jon

·
Registered
79 Posts
What is cheaper Milltek or Thermal and how much are they.........I love a nice exhaust on a VW. On that MIlltek site where it has the sound clip......it doesn't get much louder than what he revs it to does it, bc it has a really good sound but any louder and it could turn rice'ish.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does ne one have sound clips of techtonics cat-back? I'm thinking of that...also..how big are they? 2.5'?
I found some sites
http://abdracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ADIAR&Product_Code=253-46 (this is aluminumized)
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=3&PMoI=22&PEI=2&PP=mk4gj_18t_exhaust.cfm&PPT=Exhaust&IL=TTBorla (this is stainless steel)

What do you guys think? one is 350$ and other is 479? I don't get it

[ January 31, 2004: Message edited by: GTI 1.8T ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts