VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried everything I can possibly imagine before I reached out for help, and I swear Im going to take a hammer to it next unless someone can take a few minutes and try to help me figure this out. PLEASE someone help..Here is the scenario. Just dropped a fresh engine in my jetta, 2000 Mk4 2.0L, non turbo gasoline. While I had the engine on a stand I replaced all sensors, cam, crank, coolant, knock, both 02, vehicle speed, new fuel pump. Fuel filter seems to be flowing , I have 35 lbs before the regulator. Timing is dead nuts, verified once again before i sat down to type this. Car starts then dies immediately there after, allmost like imob issue. Hooked it to my vcds lite and that is showing no codes, imob light is not present in either the vcds scan or dash light. Car starts, runs great for a 30 seconds or so ..then flat dies, doesn't sputter like its fuel starved, dies like someone unplugged it. Turn the key and starts right up again. Suggestions anyone?? I can post a vag scan if needed. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Definitely sounds like an immo issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinkin shes broke..still not running

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Have you tried to address the immo? Verify the ECU wasn't switched or the immo pill isn't broken in the key fob. Does the immo light come on with the key in the accessory position?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried to address the immo? Verify the ECU wasn't switched or the immo pill isn't broken in the key fob. Does the immo light come on with the key in the accessory position?
hi there thanks for chiming in. No the imo light did not come on . But evidently I fried my ecm when 02 sensor shorted. I replaced ecm and got around the imo , still no dice..all i get now is a throttle adaption error

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi there thanks for chiming in. No the imo light did not come on . But evidently I fried my ecm when 02 sensor shorted. I replaced ecm and got around the imo , still no dice..all i get now is a throttle adaption error
Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Controller: 06A 906 018 JJ
Component: 2.0l R4/2V MOTR HS V01
Coding: 00031
Shop #: WSC 26149
VCID: 7399ECB052AD
1 Fault Found:
17988 - Throttle Actuator (Bank 1): Malfunction
P1580 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0110 1101

1 - 7 of 7 Posts