VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not really, but it seems latley that my car is going to the dealer for one thing or another. It was such a nice day out today that i thought i was my car then take a nap. Well earlier tonight i get into my car and thought i pick up a friend and see if i could find some rice to burn. Well i knew something was wrong with the car as soon as i turned the key. It sounded like an old air-cooled bug. As i drive off the CEL comes on, then starts blinking. So i pull over quickly and start thinking of what it could be. The car vibrates real bad and it smells real bad too. So i call my friend to tell him there's going to be no rice burning tonight and i head back to my apartment. I disconnected the battery for 10 min to reset the ecu. As i'm waiting i hop onto Vortex and see if this happens to anyone else. behold it does (more common that i thought). I seems like that one of my coilpacks went. So between the CEL that went off two weeks ago, my window reg. going, and now this. I'm getting real mad at my car. To top it off, it seems like the coilpacks are on national (some even said worldwide) back order. I've only had the car for little over a year, have 29,000 miles on it and i'm getting fed up with these inconvinces that VW knows about but doesn't recall them. I have the extended warrenty so should that cover the coilpacks? To top it off i just started a job an hour away from where i live so it doesn't look good with me coming in late because my car broke down. After i get all this fixed and it continues to break down, i might be tempted to sell the damn car. (i love it to death, just get upset that it fails on me) Well i'm done ranting. thanks for listening.
jon

[ November 09, 2002: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Jon sorry to hear this...I feel your pain! We just got the Jetta back today. The check engine light came on last week here the fuse blew on the cooling fan no biggy right? Well turns out they had to re-wire that line to put in a stronger fuse. No charge as it was all under warrinty.

We were talking about getting something new as well. Well it's the Touareg she wants an SUV and the Touareg would be perfect so maybe next year at this time the Jetta maybe traded in!

I hope everything works out on the GTI.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be sweet, how much are they going to run at?? I read on vortex that the dealer use to just replace the one bad coilpack, but since it can be a recuring problem on some cars, they are replacing all four at once. I hope this is the last bad thing to happen to my car. If not, i might look at a used audi a4 or something. would get the 1.8t in it. ( i know same engine, but seems they don't have nearly all the problems that the vw ones have). Who knows. Hopefully everything works out. (cross your fingers).
jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts