VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
74 standard beetle
Can't get it on the road till two things are fixed the horn which I've had no replies on a previous thread.
But now the brakes are killing me.I've put new bearings, tie rods and ball joints did a disc brake conversion.My brake lights didn't come on at all I jumped the wiring at both switchs and power was there the fuses good so I figured easy fix new switches I thought I ordered two but I made a mistake and only ordered one.Installed it now my brake lights come on with the key turned on and wont go off.I figured with all the changes I did Id just bleed the system and viola' but nope not that easy.I went ahead and got another switch and I had brakes but still thought a good bleeding would help. now I've got no brakes and leaks in the line went ahead and put new master on and new rubber lines to the metal lines bleed system an still no brakes .So where do I go from here this is one wacky little car.Its my wifes she always wanted one to scoot around in but this thing is driving me crazy tings just seem to work on it like the do on other cars I've worked on.Any help hents tricks anything
Thanks Mitch

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could my problem be I need a different kind ( other than a stock type master cylinder) since I put disc on the front? Just a thought I'd really like to get this thing back on the road.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
There are very few people on this forum with beetles, let alone older ones. You might have better luck on another forum. Best of luck, sorry I can't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts