VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thomas, i know that you have the e-switch and a rear fog and i was wondering what kind of bulb are you using. i.e. what wattage, size, type, etc. thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i'm not thomas but i think i could answer your question. on a tutorial for rear fog lights the person used these bulbs P21W Bulbs (2).

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a few questions:

do the stock tails come with a fog light socket?

if that is the situation, can you just put in an e-code switch and a fog light or do you have to run a wire to the tail housing?

any help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueRabbit0886:
i have a few questions:

do the stock tails come with a fog light socket?

if that is the situation, can you just put in an e-code switch and a fog light or do you have to run a wire to the tail housing?

any help is greatly appreciated...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything is there except for the wire and the bulbs that Anthony showed up top. You do have to run that to the tail-light from the e-code swith.

I posted a tutorial I found on the web. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it. Here it is:
Rear Fog Wiring

PS: These parts VW wiring repair piece Part # 000979133 or 000979126 yellow color

Look like this one (I bought 2 but used only one so just snapped a pic for ya):

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueRabbit0886:
how did you hide that ugly wire?

BTW thanks a lot for your help
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wire up top, simply plugs into the harness in your taillight. Make sure you don't put it at a wrong angle, as it will hook itself and will be a bitch to take out.

As for the wire going from e-switch to the rear? Unscrewed the bottom panel under your steering wheel, then fed the wire to under the side panel. Didn't even bother unscrewing it, just used thick screw driver (be careful not to pierce the wire) to push it under the plastic moldings on the side of your seats. Then fed it behind my rear seat and put clamps into the top portion of my trunk towards the taillamp through the CD-Changer compartment. Have fun, it is really easy but labor intensive. So take a breather 2 to 3 beers and get out there.

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts