VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
The velocity stack is used only to increase air velocity, the actual maf housing is unchanged on its diameter so the readings would be the same from a stock setup

The stock air box actually has its own velocity stack inside just before the maf, it doesnt look as pretty as this one but gets the job done

·
Registered
68 Posts
So what's everyones thoughts on the new 42DD high flow velocity stack intake for the 1.8t? 6 inch intake seems like it would make a hell of a difference versus the common three inch. Thoughts/opinions?

VW Mk4 1.8T High-Flow Intake System

i have that intake for a ko4-00x turbo and it was a waste of $$$$$ i have in a box somewhere in the garage. I made a 3" intake from amazon aluminum piping works way better...

·
Registered
981 Posts
yeah Velicity stacks pre-turbo never made sense. Im sure it helps air get in a little only to be completely disrubted by the turbo compressor...

If anything Velocity stacks are best used on the intake manifold runners, thats where you want your burst of air to go.

However, Great looking piece and Id be lying if I said i never though about ordering it. Just oo much $$ for an intake.

·
Registered
828 Posts
They should stick to exhaust systems...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts