VW Forum banner

Throw MAF through a window?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  fukn_dubn_gti 
#1 ·
Facts
2001 Vw Jetta 2.0 completely stock (duh why would you modify a 2.slow, ok I admit that was unnecessary)
Runs like crap at an idle with MAF plugged in. Unplug MAF and it runs great. It can't be a bad MAF because this is the 2nd new one and also tried one out of another Jetta that works great, they all act the same. Vag-Com show it missing on cylinders 2 and 3 at an idle. If you hold it at 1.5k rpm or higher it does not miss. I have checked for vacuum leaks and found none. Any ideas? I have been scratching my head in confusion. I have also taken the maf out but pulled it out of the intake tract and it reads 0g/s but runs fine at idle. Hmmmm

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
My money is on the MAF then or the wires going to the MAF could be broken or grounding out somewhere. I don't think it's your dist. or plugs because the ignition system on 2.0s is "wasted spark" so it would be firing on every other cylinder not two directly adjacent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.