Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got a ticket for my windows, they're 4% lol
ill take care of it tomorrow. wish me luck

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
What's the legal limit in NY? How much are you paying?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the limit is 75% and above i think, but hey 75 aint nothin, and the cop said i gotta take them off by tomorrow and then find a cop to sign a paper saying that i dont have any illegal tint on my car, and it would be dismissed. cops r a$$holes f*** them lol

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
...cops r a$$holes f*** them...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Whats the point of running 4 or 5% tint anyway. It has to be impossible to see out at night and don't tell me you always lower the window even when its 2 degrees out.

I'd pull your ass over everyday if I was a cop.

(Damn I feel old right now)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Here here, Raf. Anything close to limo tint is pointless, unless you're running a bangbus in the back seat.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
wow 4% must be dark as hell!

how do u drive with that?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i took them off , no more tint in the front. Yeah 4% is really really dark, at night its real hard to see anything, but im clean now LOL.
Its kinda weird now without the tint i guess im not used to driving like that. oh well
peace

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I can understand the problem with tint tho, you could have someone holding a gun in the back seat pointed at the cop, or he could aproach the car and find 5 people instead of 1...

·
Registered
36 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by das boot:
75% = 25% light blocked and 75% light goes through. So, by your states standards it would be 25%<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand how they figure the percentage. Legal in oregon is 35% = 65% Blocked. I know this because I had my windows done not two weeks ago.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Damn 75% is that even worth having your windows done? It's 35% here in Oregon and I have 20% and have never had a problem. I feel bad for you guys in NY you should be able to make your car look nice although within reason. IMO 4% is kinda dark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts