VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of times are you guys running here, with what kind of mods.
I am new here and just trying to get a good guess on what dubs can run. Also what would be a quater mile time for a stock 98 Jetta VR6. Sorry if this is in the wrong board.
James

Oh let me start this off. My old best was a [email protected] I should be able to hit a 14.9 now that i have a header and hi-flow cat. I ran the old best with stock upper exhaust piping which was stupid once i completly opened up the intake track, and left the exhaust next to stock.

·
Registered
526 Posts
stock vr6 id say about 16's 17's maybe i dunno never really looked into it..i kno vr6 turbos run about 10's(depends which ones)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vlksgnspeed:
....i kno vr6 turbos run about 10's(depends which ones)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
10's!!! WoW, thats really really fast...is that done on a daily driver platform, or with slicks and lots of weight knocked off?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well the VR6 stock will run prob mid 15's or so. with some minor mods low 15's-very high 14's on a good day. the 1.8t can run high 14's stock and with some mods such as chip, exhaust and some othe small things, high 13's. as for if the VR6t is daily or not, the high 10's are not but there are some sreet legal, daily drivers that might be running in 12's and maybe high 11's
jon

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
My best trap speed so far is 99 mph, and my best ET so far is 14.4. I should be in the 13's though hopefully later this season when it cools down and isn't so humid. Click my sig to see my mod list.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
With an intake and exhaust my best ET is 15.5 @ 91.5. I would have done better but I spun my tires too much, especially in my 1-2 shift. I would say the Jetta VR6 would be more like low 16's. I saw 2 other kids at the track the other night with some simple bolt ons on GTI VR6's and they were running high 15's and low 16's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts