VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I had a question about window tinting? How much would it costs, and what types can I get. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
They place in my town charges 180 for all around. Really doesn't matter what type. All good quality. I have limo tint on the back three. then a shade lighter on my doors.
jon

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got mine for $165 all around and it was a very good deal considering that I have a wagon. I got the same as GTI2001. Limo in the back and front strip and a little lighter in the front. A little advice, make sure that the place you go to uses GOOD quality Tint. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
are u doing it yourself or having it installed. if you are skilled its not all that hard to do. and the other way around if your not to skilled i've seen some pretty ghetto tint jobs. haha

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
and may i say it looks shaweet!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I have 20% Titanium Tint all around. Paid about 220 Canadian (I know the owner of local Tint King). Life time warranty and I always get the tint done there, no bubbles no peeling.

PS: 20% Titanium Tint is what the local Audi, BMW and Porsche dealer is doing when they tint their cars. So I chose the same.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I plan on getting my front 2 windows tinted. my back 3 are already tinted. would you guys/girls recommend that I do a shade lighter on the front, or keep them all the same? thanks.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Brian...

I personally would. It sort of makes it look like a company car if you don't.

Not that it looks bad, it just would look better if you would tint all the windows.

I'd do the same level of tint as your rears.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree -- the company car, that's great. pick one shade and do it all around.

How many rolls whould I need to my whole car, a Jetta (except for the windshield, of course). Any brand recommendations.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
About the company car... I do not want to make fun Really. It is just how a lot of Company Cars tint their (even DUBS) in Europe, that's all.

Jimmy I would just walk in and say TITIANIUM they should know right away what you mean if not, I would just walk out.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i would get tint but in jersey your only alowed the back 3 and id rather keep all my windows the same lookin. i would like to get the back 3 but i keep gettin mixed responses from people.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the info, Like TNP said, there are some pretty bad tint jobs out there. I hate that purple stuff that people just stick on.

Rich --
I used to have my car registered in NJ and I used to get pulled over all the time when I had 35% on my front windows. I guess you can go lighter, but then what's the point right?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I got mine done at the dealer when I bought it, they threw it in because I was buying off the lot and not making them order the one I really wanted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts