VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had experience with Dunlop A2's? they are suppose to be high-performance all season tires. The reason I ask is that I may be buying a set of wheels from this guy and he told me that there are Dunlop A2's on them. Any experience anybody could share would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How wide is too wide on an Mk4? I know there are some people out there riding on 235 width, but this set of wheels i am considering comes with 245 width tires and a 35 sidewall height. I understand the sidewall height; it has got to lowered when you go really wide or it will change the rolling diameter of the wheel.

Basically, will a 245 tire fit up front? i know people run them in the back for the deep dish euro look, but I personally would think they would rub up front. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
I run Khumo 225/40 18" Tires on my GTI. No real complaints so far, they are a much softer tire than the Michelin P225/45 R 17" H, all-season tires that came stock. I will be putting on snow's soon so I'm axious to see how they wore.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
I have heard that you will have no trouble with 235s.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd recommend 235's versus 225's. Its nice to have a little extra rubber to protect the shinny rims.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got dunlop 235 40 18's on 18x8 zender vwa tuner wheels... They recommended 225's but I went with 235 cause I wanted a little extra rubba... They fit like a glove and I have had no problems... cheers dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts