VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from a trip sunday night and took my car to get tires rotated and stuff, and i need to get two new tires, (the two factory ones), these will be replacing my front tires... i know alot about motors etc, but not much about wheels and tires, now obviously the wider the tire the beter, so i was thinking instead od getting 195/65/15 maybe getting somthing like 215/65/15, they wont really be on all that lond because i will be buying new bigger wheels soon, so what are the downfalls about this, if any? will it effect the stability of my car if i have wider tires on the front than the back? what tire sizes do you guys run on your stockies? thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
How soon will you be getting wheels? Could you just do a rotation, or get a good set of snow tires and have winter wheels?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortuantely, ill be throwing money down they drain either way... i live at the beach so i wont be needing snow's any time soon, and ive had them rotated alot, and one absolutely has to be replaced in order to be safe... ill be getting my wheels in 2 months probably.. i can get some falken ziex's 215/65/15's for 60 bucks a piece, they are h-rated so i should be good up to 130

1 - 3 of 3 Posts