VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if I should put a wing on my jetta.Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the same one I was thinking about!I am not sure if I will put a wing though.mine is the only jetta I see anymore with no wing at all.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
We always talk about how putting these wings on Civics and riced cars like those is so stupid because they are front wheel drive and they dont do anything. All our cars are front wheel drive (except 4motions), so i find no need for one and personnally think that a Jetta looks better without one. Some do look good, such as a with a small one, such as BoostedBora's or the Blue Jetta at the top of the page with the stock spoiler. Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i say no wing man. i think all jettas look way better clean with no wing like tf's but def. on a a3 i say no wing.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
There is used to be a greek fella here in London with a black VR6 MK3 all done up with similar wing but the support things were closer together. Looked pretty sweet. He had a nice kit on it too.

Then he was T-Boned at an intersection. Totalled it. Now drives a 2003 Silver Prelude. (Already done up again). His family owns Sammy's Souvlaki stands.

If you reading this... Hi George. LOL

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yea yea i no what u mean about jettas and wings but around my area i haven't seen anyone with the same wing as mine. but on the other hand i saw my wing on numerous jettas at carlisle last year.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your opinon.I would rather spend 375.00 on motor work anyway!

·
Registered
893 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
[QB]We always talk about how putting these wings on Civics and riced cars like those is so stupid because they are front wheel drive and they dont do anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok i agree partially here..... the big ugly aluminum wings do look ridiculous on any car really (especially civics and neons) but wings(or spoilers rather) can look good if A) they are the same color as your car and B) that it doesent make your car look like its about to take flight!! My opinion for you mark is this, if you want a wing, get a wing.... its your car right... you know Harry and I were just having this conversation earlier, I cant understand why people put down others for what they do or dont have on their cars, i feel like saying um hey would you like to buy that for me?? Construtive critizism is one thing....that is another thing intirely.... I like your WINGS WEST kit tooo.... and your car does not look like the one on Fast and Furious (although i think that one was pretty hot) but people think of the snow plow looking front spoiler when they hear wings west on a Jetta.... and you dont have one of those, you have the air dam.... sorry i just had to speak my peace on that issue, it really bothered me to hear everyone judging you so harshly... I thought everyone was so cool when i first started posting here... unlike vortex... dont prove me wrong guys... i really like you all!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i like the stock low profile that comes on the wolfsburg 99.. not sure how many other models its on but it looks nice on mine

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Mk3Grl, I also believe in constructive criticism and also agree with what you talk about with how people are putting things down on other people's cars. Hopefully you didnt just ignore the rest of my previous post, where i put that was MY opinion. Also, in my previous post, i said i liked small spoilers and wings that arent too big (Even if it isnt aluminum, which the one Mark was looking at was not). It's just those big ass ones which i personally dont think look too good. And i dont think anybody here has put Mark down here for any Fast and Furious shit.

·
Registered
893 Posts
yes i read your post completely...it wasnt directed to anyone person... im not trying to start trouble here... but as a whole I love how accepting you all are of peoples individual tastes... im just commenting on the fact that thats one of the reasons I post here and I would hate to see someone ruin that feeling!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have also been looking for a wing myself. Though I think that the huge wings that rise over 6 inches off the car look very cheesy. www.westwings.com
has some very nice wings which have a lower profile a more sporty look which I prefer. Thats just my opinion.
~xteslax

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Welcome to the Rice and the Ridiculous...we have 3 foot wings on our cars so we don't fly away when running the 1/4 mile @ 80MPH

Just keep it subtle man...don't go pulling anything ricey on us now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts