VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, yes the old corrado failed emissions. i have too much hydrocarbons, and co2. I went to the dealer to ask for some help with what i need to change. my friend there tod said that "definately your cat converter, and i can check ur ignition, plus an 02 sensor might be out. i showed tod the sheet that the emissions place gives you when you fail of the possible fixes that it takes to make ur car pass, and tod said that that sheet was a load of crap, they arent mechanics.
So my question is this: has anyone been in the same position as me, failing emissions, what did you do to pass?
Thanks,

Zak

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well each state is diffrent on emissions. I know around me rusted out pick-up trucks that are loud as shit can pass. I even went through inspections with my Jeep without the doors once. I would do what your friend said first, take it one part at a time. a real good tune-up wouldn't hurt either.
jon

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
there is this stuff that you can buy at automotive stores that guarentees you will pass emitions, it just pours into your oil (i think).. my dad puts it in his work truck and he always passes.. id give that a try

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
there is this stuff that you can buy at automotive stores that guarentees you will pass emitions, it just pours into your oil (i think).. my dad puts it in his work truck and he always passes.. id give that a try<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the equivalent item to the Canadian Duct Tape? HA HA.

Could be an air leak, could be O2 sensor. But compare the milage vs. wear and tear on your cat. conv. and I am sure you will solve a lot of problems there. I would take that chance and replace it with a hi-flow cat. conv and make a mod out of it rather then a repair. Also it should be cheaper then your stock cat. conv.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
that sucks. i would do what they say. best of luck man, i hope you can get it all taken care of.

·
Registered
82 Posts
heres what you do
you find some guy doing emmisions testing out of his garage, and you swing by with a six pack, and 30 bucks more than hes charging. "to make sure the test goes smoothly"
got mine through.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matterof8th:
heres what you do
you find some guy doing emmisions testing out of his garage, and you swing by with a six pack, and 30 bucks more than hes charging. "to make sure the test goes smoothly"
got mine through.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah I have only heard of one story where the mechanics working on my friends car didnt want the beer. so yeah a 6er usually works, but not all of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts