VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me or is volkswagen REALLY pushing the new suv. I don't think they ran this many commercials when the new beatle come out. I swear I see a commercial every break on tv and just as many on the radio. Is it just ontario or has the entire world gone touareg crazy?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I've seen tons of print ads as well. I like the one where, on the first two pages, some guy is trying to cross a deep stream with his Golf and its just inmersed in water...

then you flip over to the next two pages and see the touareg crossing the stream with no problem with the caption... "the touareg, it does what other VW's weren't meant to do" or something like that.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Yeah I saw the stream one with Golf vs Toureg.

Then the snow bank with Jetta vs Toureg.

And I know that there is Beetle vs Toureg as well but can't remember it.

All are nice. Even though it is a shot in the nuts against my JETTA.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
I've seen tons of print ads as well. I like the one where, on the first two pages, some guy is trying to cross a deep stream with his Golf and its just inmersed in water...

then you flip over to the next two pages and see the touareg crossing the stream with no problem with the caption... "the touareg, it does what other VW's weren't meant to do" or something like that.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah I listen to woxy (on itunes) during the day. they play a lot of vw commercials all day. its the same sort of concept as the tv commercials (I haven't seen any yet). in the radio commercial,they are supposed to be in a creative meeting at vw. they guys are like, ' what if we would take a jetta, and put big tires on it, and....' then one guys says "why dont we start from the ground up...(and lists a bunch of options on the touareg). they are pretty good.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
joe i also noticed a lot of touraeg commercials especially on canadian tv and radio!

i'm not too crazy about the looks but overall it's a nice suv. better than most out there! imo, the bmw suv is the nicest.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know this was in another thread but I love VW commercials. I know someone who works for the ad agency responsible for them and she said they spend mucho bucks on developing those ads.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Qwikkihf:
damn, I don't watch TV so I haven't seen em at all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I'm disappointed cause I don't watch TV either so I haven't seent he commercials. If anyone has seen them online let me know what site so I can watch them

·
Registered
349 Posts
i just want to say that i think the vw commercials are incredible compared to some of the junk that's out there today. i love the new golf/touareg one ("it must have rained") but i think my favorite of all time is the one that came out in 2000 i think with the two guys that throw stuff into the tree and then the gti falls out. what's everyone elses?? long live the vw comercial

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love the tree one too, but I think the all time classic best one was when the new Jetta came out, with the couple driving in the rain and everything on the street moves to the rhythm of the windshield wipers. incredible. My friend bought a new jetta, and that was the first song we played in the car! Saw a making of it, turns out it was really hard to do, and they had to play the song over huge loudspeakers in the street so people could match the beat.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
When I went in for my third window regulator
they had one at the service department. Damn, that thing is nice inside. I think the wife will end up trading the beetle for one once we have youngens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My local VW dealer went down to the port to grab two new Touaregs off the boat so they could have them on display before the commercials started to air. I was so surprised to see them there so early.

They're beautiful cars. I want to get one with the V10 TDI engine VW is workin on in a couple years. It will compliment my Jetta nicely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts