VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 3.2 V6 Touareg failed last week. The info display told me I had a steering malfunction, and the car would not allow the ignition to come on and the car was stuck in park. I did some research and I guess it's probably the module under the steering column. OK, but that's not the reason for the post. In the UK I use the RAC as a call out / recovery company. The patrol guy couldn't figure out how to take the transmission out of park, so called in a recovery truck. They use a variety of contractors to recover vehicles. While removing the vehicle from a flatbed with the transmission still in PARK, the front and rear wheels started to counter rotate, despite having slides under them (the slides were much too thin compared to tyre width, so the tyre edges were still on tarmac)!

Anyone had first hand experience on the degree of damage that could have been done? It's an old car with 145k miles on, so an expensive repair is out of the question unless I can get the RAC to cough up the money.

Any comments / advice would be most appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts