VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i watched DB's movies yesterday, the 11mb one flying through the national park or whatever (wich is pretty friggin bad i might add) and seeing how smooth his gti shifted makes me REALLY concerned about my vr6 tranny, even my girlfriend complains about how it slings you around the car(well 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd) if you read this just give me a post saying how smooth your trans is (or isn't), i want to know if its just VW or if i need to have somthing fixed! but theres no knocks like it's (the trans) moving around... ive driving a stick for 5 years so i know its not just me! if anyone has ANY imput please reply...

thanks!
-marc

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Midnight VR6 ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Actually yesterday I was told by my girlfriend that I am good at driving stick (good to her means that I shift smooth). Much smoother than my Jeep...

·
Registered
29 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight VR6:
after i watched DB's movies yesterday, the 11mb one flying through the national park or whatever (wich is pretty friggin bad i might add) and seeing how smooth his gti shifted makes me REALLY concerned about my vr6 tranny, even my girlfriend complains about how it slings you around the car(well 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd) if you read this just give me a post saying how smooth your trans is (or isn't), i want to know if its just VW or if i need to have somthing fixed! but theres no knocks like it's (the trans) moving around... ive driving a stick for 5 years so i know its not just me! if anyone has ANY imput please reply...

thanks!
-marc

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Midnight VR6 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you said you have been driving stick for 5 years. but my question is how long have you been driving a stick on VW's. I found when I first got my VW it took me a long time to master the 1st to 2nd shift. Now I am on my second VW and i shift like a pro.

just my .02

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 03Rabbit1.8Turbo:
I know you said you have been driving stick for 5 years. but my question is how long have you been driving a stick on VW's. I found when I first got my VW it took me a long time to master the 1st to 2nd shift. Now I am on my second VW and i shift like a pro.

just my .02
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
very true. shifting on other cars (nissan trucks in my case) is a totally different thing than driving a manual vw. I mastered shifting in my 96 jetta, then, a slight change to my 2000 gti vr, but about the same. best..

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Not that I think about it, for a while one thing that gave me a problem with smooth shifts was the delay when you hit the gas. Notice it takes a second to accelerate after you hit the gas, so when you let of the clutch and hit the gas it will screw you up a little till you get the timing down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts