VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question(s) since I'm about due for a 20k service...

I'm pretty sure I read that the tranny fluid is flushed at this interval. On a similar note, I read on the Vortex that there was a Service Bulletin out for the 02M tranny fluid (then the Vortex Effect kicked it and I got dumber the more posts I read.) Could our resident VW Tech verify those two things (pleasethanks
)

Also, what's everyone using for tranny fluid? I was kicking around the idea of Redline MT-90, but I'm a little leery because when it gets cold (we call it winter) that stuff gets thick. Would it be worth looking into AmSoil or would I do just as well with the VW fluid?

·
Registered
210 Posts
don't know much about the changing (flushing) of the fluid, but i had an 85 golf and an 89 jetta that was a little rough during shifts. I grabbed some mt 90 and had the original stuff replaced and it shifted so much better almost perfect (cars had 100K or more), and i didn't have any problem in winter. I would assume as soon as the engine bay gets warm the tranny fluid would warm up any way and there wouldn't be a problem. Someone else might be able to help you a little more, just puttin in my 2 cents on the mt 90

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I'v heard nothing but good about the MT 90 fluid. Winter is almost over, and just give your car a little time to warm up and keep the rpms low for the frist few miles and you will be fine.
Carson(The Local Tech) will be able to clear up the other questions.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
We don't change manual trans fluid at work, we only add to top off. We really only sell the trans fluid changes on automatics. Once you get higher up in mileage, thats when I would look into changing the fluid. Until then, run whats in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts