VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a 90-92 jetta today for sale the only problem is its a auto can a 5spd be swapped pretty easy I have a junk golf with 5spd to work with The jetta is a gl wolfsburg what is the diff. in the wolfsburg from the reg. gl. Thanks

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MKIIgti:
I seen a 90-92 jetta today for sale the only problem is its a auto can a 5spd be swapped pretty easy I have a junk golf with 5spd to work with The jetta is a gl wolfsburg what is the diff. in the wolfsburg from the reg. gl. Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 speed swap is pretty easy, search in the mk2 section, we've covered it a couple times.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
it should be pretty simple since you have a whole car to work with.getting all the parts eperate would be tougher. As far as i've ben told the major difference between the wolfsberg and the gl is all wolfsbergs were built in Germany. None came out of Mexico. And i think some options. But it's really not a whole lot of difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the motor 16v or 8v and how much horse power and torque again its a 90-92 dont know exact year but its GL W/B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts