VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just bought myself a 2004.5 Jetta GLI and I love the car. I just installed some new halo headlights with HID's and they look great. My only concern with this car is that it's making a noise when in gear and decelerating (Letting go of both the clutch and Gas pedal). It makes the same noise when downshifting as well. It kind of sounds like something is scraping. It does do it the loudest when decelerating off of 2nd gear. Regardless, the car shifts really good and DOES NOT do this noise when I press on the gas or clutch or shift in neutral and let it coast. My first guess is to take it to get the transmission fluid replaced but I'm worried that it might not be that and may possibly be something worse. Has anybody had any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I test drove a GLI with this same thing. The dealer had no clear diagnosis. I've not seen any real clear answer as to what it is. Could be a problem internal to the transmission, could just need fluid, etc. I would search at vwvortex. Might have some more info there on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts