VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys question. Will a MK4 VW GTI 20th GLI 1.8T 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION work on my 2004 mk4 golf GTI 5 speed without any modifications done to the car itself and If I do have to do a modification to my car what are the steps for that :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts

02M 6 Speed Gearbox
2 x Drive Shafts ( I think you only need driver side actually)
Used Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch Kit
Gearbox Mount
Dog Bone Mount
Starter Motor
Dust Tins from the Engine
Shifter Mount and End Links
All bolts required (New where needed)
Linkage Cables (if required)

You just need the parts. It'll drop right in no problem. Hubs and bolt holes to block are the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

02M 6 Speed Gearbox
2 x Drive Shafts ( I think you only need driver side actually)
Used Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch Kit
Gearbox Mount
Dog Bone Mount
Starter Motor
Dust Tins from the Engine
Shifter Mount and End Links
All bolts required (New where needed)
Linkage Cables (if required)

You just need the parts. It'll drop right in no problem. Hubs and bolt holes to block are the same.
where did you get this from???

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
I'm doing a full tiptronic automatic to 6 speed swap. So I've read a couple(dozen) things.
Like pssst said, I bought a 337 parts car.

There's a guy who sell the kits for 5 to 6 speed and auto to 6 speed. He made a thread on tdi club showing the parts to buy. He has sold over 250 kits so far. I'm actually roughly using his DIY to do my swap. (Although 80% of it isn't nessicary for me since I have a motor/trans/axels/shift cables all hooked together in my parts car already and I can pull it all out at once). It has some really nice information on it.

His current pricing for a 5 to 6 speed swap is $1860.60 USD. Which is actually a really good price since you'll have a hell of a time even finding the transmission, much less checking your list to get the proper parts.
His link if you choose to use it. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=373687

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm doing a full tiptronic automatic to 6 speed swap. So I've read a couple(dozen) things.
Like pssst said, I bought a 337 parts car.

There's a guy who sell the kits for 5 to 6 speed and auto to 6 speed. He made a thread on tdi club showing the parts to buy. He has sold over 250 kits so far. I'm actually roughly using his DIY to do my swap. (Although 80% of it isn't nessicary for me since I have a motor/trans/axels/shift cables all hooked together in my parts car already and I can pull it all out at once). It has some really nice information on it.

His current pricing for a 5 to 6 speed swap is $1860.60 USD. Which is actually a really good price since you'll have a hell of a time even finding the transmission, much less checking your list to get the proper parts.
His link if you choose to use it. !!! RYAN P's 6 speed 02M Conversions and ALL Euro TDI Parts !!!! - TDIClub Forums
I found the transmission on ebay motors from a guy in Texas called austin_imports he is sellling it for $995. But it does have 133,000 miles on the transmission.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
That's a pretty good price. You should be able to get the rest of the parts and stay under 1,500

133k isn't bad at all. I assume you are pretty mechanically inclined to do this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a pretty good price. You should be able to get the rest of the parts and stay under 1,500

133k isn't bad at all. I assume you are pretty mechanically inclined to do this?
Oh yeah five years of auto mechanic school, I can do it I just do not have a lift to do the job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts