VW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my car was down recently for about a month after my timing belt went, after rebuilding the head and replacing all the valves I finally had my car done after a month of sitting. I replaced the downpipe, lowered it 2 inches, new diverter valve, boost gauge and put on a short ram intake. No need to go too crazy, its a auto. Anyway I have put about 400 miles on it since and just recently I have been getting hard shifts from 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th and it seems to buck when I put it in drive.
I am gonna check the fluid but I heard it could be a computer problem or some kind of valve somewhere? I am no VW expert so I hope you guys can help. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just looked up a bunch of crap on youtube and seen that it could be that or a torque converter. I had a similar problem in my first car and after swapping the torque converter and flushing the tranny, the car ran like a dream.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
could be torque converter, tranny fluid needs a flush, sticking solenoid, could need to be reprogrammed, theres alot going on there.. its hard to say really..
take it to a transmission guy or vw shop and have them start cheap first.. which would be the fluid.

btw you are pretty close to me.. i have a shop i can refer you too.. if you need one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.