VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I'm having trouble with my baby
Every time she has been sitting for a long period of time she has trouble starting. When I try to start her first thing in the morning she cranks but doesn't start...it takes around 3 or 4 trys before she ignites and if I only drive her around the block shut her off...go in the store and try to start her up again I get the same thing once or twice then she kicks over. It doesn't happen for the rest of the day. My son says its the distributor but hes a honda driver (how embarassing). Anybody have any suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks
Vee

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure...i only have her for 2 weeks

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
It's non a bad distrib. Car wouldn't run at all if that was not working. Fuel pump, is it getting cold out? I'd say get a tune up since you don't have the service records

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't matter if its cold or not...just happens when shes been sitting for a long period of time. When I got her it was still pretty warm out even in the morning...if I didn't start her till 2pm when it was 75 degrees out it would still happen. after driving her for a bit then coming home and she would sit for maybe 2 hours I'd go back out...she would start right up but if left for overnight she gives me a problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts