VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i am having trouble starting my 98 golf. here's the deal: i was driving and came up to what i thought was a small puddle covering the road. however, the puddle turned out to be quite deep. as i made it through the puddle my car died and would not start again. 4 days later the car will still not start. I have replaced the battery, and still no luck. the air filter was soaked and the spark plugs were a little wet. any idea of what it could be or what else I should check?

thanks in advace,
zach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
If you are driving through water deep enough to enter the exhaust pipe, chances are you are building up too much back pressure, killing the motor.
For travel in deep water I would recommend a boat.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
965 Posts
plugs are wet? what did you do try to drive through a lake? sounds like you have hydrolock.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top