VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Just bought me nice new touch screen... LOVE IT! But it WONT TURN OFF! isnt it supposed to turn off when you remove the key? I bought one of those "easy install" wire harnesses and still this problem. What am I doing wrong? Seems like there is constant power. I didn't wire up the E-Brake yet... COULD THAT BE IT? What I could be doing wrong?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
well if you dont wire the ebrake then you cant watch movies but my friends is like that and his still shuts off... do you have an amp and sub? maybe u wired them wrong i think i had that problem once before its just in the wiring. my car is hard wired and my stereo works just fine...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... I think I'm a have to do that. Just gonna wire the 12v ignition one separate from the rest. That way I won't have any problems turning it off. I'm just curious that if I do that will it loose the stations I've saved everytime I turn the car off?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved...

Just went to Al & Ed's Autosound and they told me pretty much what I already knew... That on the VW there is no actual ignition red so it has to be wired sepersate on the harness that goes to the stereo.

Plus the trim that the double din came with SUX BALLS!.. So When I got there they gave me a trim piece that fit perfect for only $5... Then he said "We usually charge $125/Hour but since you got everything pretty much ready to go and all we need to put is 1 wire and your trim... $50 installed..." ... I'm excited. :cool::K:

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Unless you're installing a piece of shit aftermarket double-DIN you shouldnt need a trim piece

1 - 6 of 6 Posts