VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some trunk leak going on in my vr6 and i cant figure out where the problem is comming from i already covered up the holes from old underbodies, and also the hole underneath the spare can anyone help me out

and also why does my trunk open one day and not the next i must keep readjusting the lock in order for it to work

·
Registered
141 Posts
you could try taking ALL the carpet and stuff out of the trunk, covering the backside of the taillights, and the vacuum pump for your door locks and spray in a bedliner in the WHOLE trunk, if there's a leak in the bottom part of the trunk that stuff will seal it right up... also you could try having someone shine a REALLY bright light into the trunk and look for it coming through on the other side.... just a thought... good luck

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
i have the same problem with my trunk, one day it will open and then the next it wont, its almost like the lock mechanism gets jammed?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes like the lock decides not to work but i once had a beer keg in the back and it went back and slammed the lock but nothing got fucked up i keep thinking that is my problem i intalled a new trunk with the old lock and it worked perfecty untill one day my bro but the key in and got stuck!

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
yea def. dont think i have the beer keg problem haha but i dont have any idea wut caused my problem. i must of upset the vw gods..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well if i got the spray stuff what the hell do i buy whats its called?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have the same trunk leak and i did what you said took all my carpet out and put some seal in my trunk but i figured out it was coming out of the driver side wheel well i know my car has been wrecked b4 as i found out when i took the carpet out you could see the rear wheel well had been pounded out and i looked but i still cant find out where its coming from!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had the same problem. I always thought that it came from under the car, from the hole in the middle of the spare. After replacing my rear tailights with smoked ones, my problem disappeared. Check the weather stripping around your trunk and tailights. Just a thought.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have no idea how much a new lock system would cost but then i would have to get a new key for the trunk

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I wouldnt recomend using truck bed liner untill you have eliminated every other possibility. Weather Stripping often rots out through the years that would be my frist bet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts