VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... here goes. Earlier today I tried opening the trunk on my 01 wolf and she wont open. Worked just fine before earlier today. Can here the actuator working but the trunk will not come open using either the remote or the button on the drivers door. The keyhole on the trunk itself will accept the key but will only turn maybe 25% of what it normally should before I get a lot of resistance to turning it. So much that I'm afraid I'm going to break the key. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
you have to turn past the resistance and that will pop the trunk with the manual release. there is a plastic piece that breaks on the actuator

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
its broke...

if you look at the blake piece there is supposed to be an arm on it that, when the key or you push the button it pops it open. you will have to take the panel of the trunk to see this.
and make sure you don't lose any of the arms that hook to this thing.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info on why its happening and how to fix this. I've already tried to open the trunk manually using the key and it feels as if I'm going to break the key off the remote. I guess now comes the fun part of removing all the crap in the trunk and climbing inside. Once again thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
you can put the key in the hole and engage the manual release and it should pop open. opened mine like that for years before i decided to buy the piece lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
i had this problem, i suggest pushing down on the trunk and using the manual latch to open it. and then once you get that sucker open pull the interior cover and shorten the length between those little threaded plastic socket things...
and yes that is definitely the official VAG engineering term for them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
PS if anything's broke i got a ton of trunk components i'd be happy to ship you! i can give you like 2 sets of that stuff for not a lot of money

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It opens using the press and turn trick. Just have to save up some cash for the upgraded part on the vwtrunk site. And no I'm not using a torch. I'd climb into the trunk and open it manually before I'd do that. Thanks again everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts