VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know theres alot of exhaust threads out there, and i was doing alot of searching, but i couldn't come up with the answer i was looking for.
By now i know that i'm going with a magnaflow muffler, and now its a debate between the rest of the exhaust.
Should i go with the TT exhaust with magnaflow muffler.
OR, just get my local exhaust shop to bend the piping for me and install the magnaflow muffler.
The ladder would be about 100 dollars cheaper, so i tend lean towards that one, but what is the differance? if the mufflers are the same whats the change in the piping do?

Also the TT exhaust doesn't specify the pipe diameter, would it be stock pipe width?

Didn't wanna make yet another thread about exhausts, but i really wanted to no the benefits and differances between just the piping..

·
Registered
225 Posts
watch out with taking it to a shop. sure they actuall exhaust piping will cost u about 200 but then u have to add the labor. mine was like 400. if i had a chance to do it over again i woul just buy the tt with the borla and put it on myself. it would probobly sound better too!

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
TT exhaust will be better quality and will cost you less after its all said and done.

Also TT exhausts are mandrel bent and most exhaust shops dont have a mandrel machine, so its just crush bent. Just buck up and buy TT

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, thats what i wanted to hear. I wasn't sure the quality differance. TT it is.
It IS bolt on, correct? I dont need to buy anything extra from techtonics?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
nope it will slip right onto the cat and they provide the clamps. goes directly in, the only shitty part is taking original exhaust out. Everything after that is smooth sailing. Buy the 2.25 diameter for the 2L, the muffler is totally up to you. They all sound good. I went with dynomaxx and love it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope it will slip right onto the cat and they provide the clamps. goes directly in, the only shitty part is taking original exhaust out. Everything after that is smooth sailing. Buy the 2.25 diameter for the 2L, the muffler is totally up to you. They all sound good. I went with dynomaxx and love it.
They dont make a dynomaxx for the golf.. and they also dont specify the diameter for golfs.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts