VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over the place for a turbo for my car (2001 GTI VR6). Its like they dont even exist errrrrrr... Well Anyways
if Anyone know's a site or something were i could get one it would really help me out alot!!! Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SWEET!! Hey thanks alot guys! I am ordering right now hahahaha!!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
which turbo did you decide on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have been saving for about 2 years now and finally i can get one!!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotGTIVR6:
I have been looking all over the place for a turbo for my car (2001 GTI VR6). Its like they dont even exist errrrrrr... Well Anyways
if Anyone know's a site or something were i could get one it would really help me out alot!!! Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would call APTuning in Lebanon to get all of the info. Kits exist, however a lot of people end up doing their own manifold fabrication.

(edit - assuming you're form birdsboro PA)

[ March 05, 2004: Message edited by: cyaneye ]

·
Registered
828 Posts
K04 FTW.
I wonder if that VR^ blew up.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
There is probably a reason you do not hear about Vr6s with turbos too often.

Either the turbos for them suck, or the Vr6 (which is already a hot motor) doesn't last very long with one.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
There is probably a reason you do not hear about Vr6s with turbos too often.

Either the turbos for them suck, or the Vr6 (which is already a hot motor) doesn't last very long with one.
No? I know of plenty of VRT's. There's 3 of them within 2 miles of my apartments...one of them is an R32.

The VR motor is good up to 4-500 whp on lowered compression, and most turbo kits out there are pretty damn good.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
No? I know of plenty of VRT's. There's 3 of them within 2 miles of my apartments...one of them is an R32.

The VR motor is good up to 4-500 whp on lowered compression, and most turbo kits out there are pretty damn good.
Good to know, I never see them around here in Atlanta.

Ofcourse I'm not looking too hard either.

-R32 turbo sounds badass.

·
Registered
828 Posts
R32 is the beefiest.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thats true, they make a twin turbo kit for the R32
I've seen it. Once of the greatest launches I've ever seen was with an R32.
It was incredible.
If I ever got an r32 I would supercharge it. It would make enough power, but I would still be able to daily/sleepr it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts