VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i understand that this modification allows greater flow to the turbo but what are the exact benefits? What are the exact numbers/specs that come along with it? Does it change the sound of the car in any way??
~Thanks Dan

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Basically you answered most of it yourself.

It increases airflow into the turbo, thus more power ccan be produced. However this mod by itself without other upgrades to your system will yield very few ponnies.

[ January 04, 2004: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Only mods "Strongly Suggested" before a chip are exhaust (turbo back), boost guage, DV, and possibly an intake. The turbo inlet will not in itself yield major gains. I'v talked to people that have had them installed (the samco TIP) and he said it makes the turbo much louder and there is a little gain throughout (car is chipped, intake, exhaust, j-valve)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Before getting a chip you should get an exhaust?? I thought a chip was one of the first things...does it really matter if you get the exhaust before or after, because im looking around for a chip and then an exhaust, but maybe i should look for an exhaust first???

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i hadn't heard that exhaust was needed before a chip either. I hope it isn't because like the post above I was planning on a chip first. Car is slow i can worry about sound later, i was hoping to do the bigger performance mods first.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
If you are getting a chip from RSD at tmtuning.com get all your mods down first as they will custom tailor the chip for all your addons. THus yeilding good gains and making it a little bit more orchestrated.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Nothing is "required" for a chip (mabye a DV), but to get the full gain exhaust should be done around the same time as a chip. Before/after it doesn't matter. What are u planning on getting before the chip?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man,
Is it one of those mods that they STRONGLY SUGGEST before getting a chip? Because i am trying to get all those in preperation for March when i will have more money for the chip.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i already have intake and a BOV, but I wanted to wait until i got the performance gain of the chip ( thus making my car faster ) to get exhaust. I plan to do a lot more but I am not happy with the speed of my car right now and I wanted to get the chip payed for while i had money. Does anyone know what the numbers are for a car with a chip versus a car without one?? I have an '01 1.8T and very little done to it??
Thanks ~ Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts